Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Still Sane

It's been 9 months since the last client ditched us.  Although, we exceeded their benchmark expectations, they just didn't have the money for extended work.  My team of 4 all were released, since there was no other work for that client or other clients.  I was 'given' to a new client as a freebie, with the intention of leading a new team, after a trial period.  The technology is much more stable as is the client; however, I questioned the longevity of our contract, as it's been renewed on a month-to-month basis.  My team consists of myself and one other, as a third was the odd-man out.  Now the client is entertaining the idea of my company bringing in 4-6 more consultants to start handling what we call 'core services', which pretty much means on-call duty and handling incidents and small requests, etc.  At least that appears promising ... last I heard, 2 of the 4 guys released earlier in the year are still looking, while the other 2 have found work elsewhere.  If I get extended to the end of the year, then we may get a longer term committment up to 3 years for the larger team.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment