Thursday, February 26, 2009

Not Getting Any Younger

My oldest nephew, Brian, just turned 36, and he and his wife, Jen, are expecting their first child within weeks. My next to youngest niece, Melanie, and her husband, Josh, are also expecting their first child within weeks. Gonna be a grand-uncle. Geez, that sounds old. I have no blood offspring (that I'm aware of). So, I live vicariously through my nieces and nephews and step-son. Ahh, to be 35 again ..

Wait! Been there, done that. "Repeat to myself ... live in the present, live in the present". Okay, so what. I can still fantasize about the changes I would've made and things I would've or would not have done, if I knew then what I know now. Now that I think about it, there would be way too many things and circumstances to have to consider, not to mention the "butterfly effect". One can only imagine the impact of changing one thing going forward. Since, I'm not in prison right now, I don't think I would change anything after all. Hmm, that just gave me an idea. Not the prison thing, but the "butterfly effect". Let me flutter a bit on that.

I need to submit my resume to some more companies for job opportunities in this down economy. I think the economy is hurting a smaller percentage of people than we think. Everywhere I go, people are still spending money. They also drive as if gasoline was 50cents a gallon. Of course, the closer to home it gets, the more likely the impact of this down economy will be apparent. I'm confident I will find an opportunity sooner than expected. Likewise for Deb, as she plans and prepares for the finalization and end of her job. We've both been in worse "dire straits".

No comments:

Post a Comment