Friday, February 13, 2009

V-Day is here

Seems just yesterday that it was Christmas. Gift time again. I don't usually get much from the spouse on Valentine's Day. It is, by all commercial intent, predominantly for the ladies. Nevertheless, I always enjoy the participation, as I find gift giving a challenge, not a chore. I do get a kick out of surprised and appreciative looks and everything else that comes along with it.

Now my brother is a different story, especially when it comes to his nearest blood relatives (not counting his only child), go figure. He probably finds more enjoyment giving to his in-laws than his own siblings (not that we hold it against him because we don't). For him, it is a hassle, as far as I can tell. I remember one Christmas, when we were still in high school, I hadn't gotten him anything, so I gave him $20. He said, "Here's my gift to you" and handed the $20 bill back to me. That, in a nutshell, should've told me what he thought about all of that back then.

So, I just made a trip to our favorite "Fresh Market" store and loaded up for a nice home dinner, a little surf-n-turf, some wine and extras. No since in trying to get into a restaurant this late in the game, although McDonald's service is pretty quick (NOT). The wife doesn't do fast food, only as a last resort and when there is not a Subway within 50 miles.

My stomach virus is almost gone. Got in some golf practice, too. Lost 5-6 pounds this past week because I didn't have an appetite. Maybe I can keep it at this level now, as I wanted to shed those pounds anyway somehow. A bit closer to my high school weight.

Going to enjoy Valentine's Day. Also, will enjoy the long weekend with President's Day coming up, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment